Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Spring in the Flowerbed

 Sunday's temperatures were in a comfortable springlike range urging me outside to move the deck furniture from the garage to the deck, clean some windows, and check on the flowers in the perennial flower bed.

I am always excited to see the pasque flower survive the winter and make its appearance with flowers each year. This one is only two years old, so I think it will be a permanent resident.


I was excited to see the crocuses as I think I only saw one last spring. This was the only purple bloom.


And only one white flower, but lots of plants for rabbit dining! So far, they have not bothered the tulips.


The rabbits also chewed on these crocus. I have sprayed and spread granules hoping to discourage them. I will keep spraying and buy more sprinkles. Dang rabbits! 

The temps continue in the spring-like range this week, but daytime temps in the 40s, lows at night in the 20s, all with a wind from the north northwest make me long for something a bit warmer!


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!