Friday, February 4, 2011

Author Signing, J A Jance

I love it when I can say, I did something new and different today.
I attended my first author signing at the AJ library.
Mystery writer, JA Jance was in the valley to promote 
her new book. She was supposed to speak at 3:00.

We got there about 45 minutes early, 
stood in line and bought some of her books.

Jance arrived early and I guess because quite a group 
was seated and ready, she began her talk before 3:00.
I could see people arrive around 3:00 and later learned
there were some disappointed people. They couldn't hear 
her speak and if they could, she was in the middle of her talk.

You snooze, you loose!
 It wasn't a large space, and the library was very noisy
but we had good seats and could hear her.

 Princess Bella joined her for the first part of the talk.

 I love her character Joanna Brady. After hearing
Jance speak about her life experiences, I know why 
I enjoy her strong female character.

 She shared her parents came from SD; her mother 
grew up in Summit & her father grew up in Marvin.

 When it came time for Ms. Jance to sign the books,
the crowd just pushed forward. The library staff
finally stepped in and created some order.
 This lady had brought her collection of JA Jance. She also bought 
the two she did not have. Jance promised she would sign them all
if she would wait until everyone else had their books signed first.

 Nancy, the resort librarian was there to get
her book signed.

Linda was almost at the end of the line. Linda grew up in the 
area near where Jance's mother lived.

 She did chat with those of us from NE SD

 I was the last one to get my two books signed 
before the women with their boxes of books.

What a cool afternoon experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!