Monday, February 7, 2011

The Gourd Festival

C & I attended the Gourd Festival with SD friends in 2008. She made decorated gourds and introduced me to another possible creative endeavor. I purchased a couple of cleaned gourds, and some paints but didn't do anything with them but move them from state to state. This was the winter I planned to do something with the gourds. Soooo, when a friend invited me to ride along to the festival on Saturday, I gladly said yes. I took inventory of the paints I had purchased and the gourds I had bought and cleaned. I was ready for a fun day without the guys.

Here are some pictures of our day at the Gourd Festival.



 
Gourds everywhere!

 Entertainment while we waited in line to view
 juried gourd art. This was the event none of 
the guys wanted to wait in line to see.
But we did! And it was worth the line and the wait.
The juried gourds will appear on the Picture
Now and Then blog later this month.

 Stage entertainment all morning and afternoon.
Quite a variety, and some very good talent.

 A little play on words!

 Love the classroom rules!

 It is a little stretch to say there are 26 varieties of gourds, 
but there are quite a few.

 The Wuertz family really goes all out with gourd 
entertainment. Even the animals are part of the show.

 I love the bright colors and learned it is acrylic paint with 
several coats of high gloss finish. Easy!
I probably won't paint any gourds blue or purple, though.

 I am hoping to create a 'string of peppers'
with the gourds I purchased. No blue ones though!

 What is a fair without interesting food?

 The plate of curly fries was HUGE!

 The fry bread smelled and looked soooo good!
Long lines at that stand all day!

 Yummm. Kettle corn.

 This guy was very popular with young and old.

 So many gourds

 Another fun Gourd Festival thanks to 
the Wuertz family.

I will share any of my presentable creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!