Thursday, July 12, 2012

Update on the Flower Bed

My last photos of my perennial flower bed were almost an embarrassment because of all the weeds. I am not sure why I put off cleaning the bed as I finally bit the bullet and did a basic cleaning. I spent maybe fifteen minutes each of two evenings and low and behold...

you can see ground and stepping stones!


Not only that, I also found...
violas


a blooming cone flower I had forgotten 
I had planted last fall


and a couple of flowers on the columbine.

I really had no idea flowers were blooming as I could not see them!


I also took some pictures of the garden...
and the tomato jungle.
This is AFTER I pruned the two on the right!


I attached the cucumber vines to the trellis
with strips of panty hose. Last year I had bought
green nylon plant ties. I think the 3 packages cost 
about $10.00. Duh...panty hose would work just as
well. I might as well use them for something since
I no longer wear them!


The hibiscus was blooming. I am always trying to get 
just the right photo showing the lines and veins in 
the petals and the color and parts of the stamen.
I will keep trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!