Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another Trip into the Desert

After the Monday morning hiking meeting we packed Little Red and headed back to the desert to hunt down more hidden treasure...geocaches. We were on the hunt for a unique saguaro and we did find it.


It is the only saguaro in the area that looks like this.
I have no idea why it has all the extra bumps.
I have not seen another like it, anywhere.



Very interesting!



This 4 inch lizard was blending with the rock.


Then we went into the community of Queen Valley
to conquer another geocache. I had seen this adorned tree
on a previous quick trip through town. I insisted on a drive-by
on Monday so I could get a photo.


A tree full of bird houses



Interesting shapes and designs



And a couple of chickens



And donkeys and a camel lying on its side



Some interesting yard decor



A spot of spring color in and around town



These must grow wild as I have seen them in yards
in AJ, too.

A successful day when we find all the intended caches
and I get some interesting photos, too.








1 comment:

  1. wow, what an interesting cactus, I have not seen anything like that either. Funny how one's life changes, following new interests, going to new places travelling in Little Red.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!