Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Rainy Night in the Hills

As is very typical, a late afternoon thunderstorm rolled through the Black Hills Tuesday afternoon. Rain and thunderstorms are almost a daily occurrence in the summer. I saw the rainbow, so grabbed the camera and headed outside.


Then I remembered advice from a photographer mentor
(look behind you, as the best photo may be there) 
I turned around and noticed the sky behind me






There was a chance for possible hail.
The fixed "from the last visit to the Black Hills"
truck was moved under a tree for some protection...
just in case


I think this resident has experienced the 
hail storms in the Hills






The hills are still very green for July


The view from my kitchen window




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!