Sunday, April 12, 2015

AZ Sunsets

I agree with Jerry. We have missed the most spectacular AZ sunsets. He says they happen in December & January when the sun is setting more to the southwest. Right now, the sun is setting in the west and the 'after effects' are happening to the west/northwest. Oh well, next season.

I did take sunset photos on three different occasions. The smog in The Valley lends a beautiful orange, peach, pink, purple glow to the sky.



These are from the deck of Don & Nancy's home along the desert. They have a palo verde tree in their backyard. It was the perfect framer for my photos on February 25th.











On February 27th, I stopped by Linda & Jerry's desert home when I saw the sun beginning to set. The clouds help intensify some of the sunset colors and add interest to sky photos.



horizon lights of Mesa






OFD and I returned to Linda & Jerry's desert facing deck on April 7th as she wanted some unset photos before heading back to Minneapolis. The camera did some wonderful things with color, as the first two photos are more intense than it was in real life.






This is more the color of the sky as the sun was setting.


But shooting a photo at the setting sun must give more light
and produce the vibrant orange in the first two photos.
Same camera. Same settings in all the photos. 
Sometimes I used the flash as in the green tree branches 
in two of the first set of photos.


Yes, there are beautiful sunsets in other places. I rarely see them when we are home because we live in town, surrounded by other homes. Sometimes we see the sunrises and sunset when we are traveling. The AZ sunsets are one of the things I miss when we are not here at our winter home. 

And this note is just for Hubby who thinks I need to clean out some of my 35,000+ photos... Just as no two saguaro or glaciers are alike, no two sunsets are the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!