Monday, April 6, 2015

The First of the Cactus Blooms

A friend reminded me of the lack of recent updated blog posts. She said we mustn't be doing much. 

Oh, contra! 

We have been geocaching, but I thought you might be bored with those posts. I have been on the hunt for cacti blooms and have been most successful. I have bought a new computer, but have not transferred everything to the new one. We have been saying goodbye to other winter visitors who leave for home before we do. And this week, we have a visitor...OFD. So we have been busy.

There is a prickly pear cactus that pops with its bright pink flowers as the first of the spring cacti blooms.

It is a huge plant, probably one of the first in the park








this is the 'Easter' cactus in front of Dan's house


I missed the first blooms this year, DANG!


but there are many more to come


silhouetted saguaro in the park


cactus wren


the buds on the cactus at our place
I have never seen the flowers
maybe this season????


the neighbor's flowering cactus




More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!