Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Excuses

How can I/we so busy I haven't updated the blog, in like, forever???? We got home on Monday, April 20th, late in the afternoon. We took Tuesday to unpack and do nothing. Wednesday was doctor appointments for both of us, eyes for him, blood work for me, and then dinner and a visit with the grandkids and their parents. Thursday, I had a massage and we had check-up and dinner with friends. On Friday, Hubby worked a track meet and I cleaned house and cooked because my Mother came for the weekend and Miss W's birthday. Saturday was spent with family.

On Sunday, I organized a clean-up of a park as part of our community's Clean & Green program and as part of a geocaching event.


Cache In Trash Out is encouraged always for geocachers, but especially on the weekend following Earth Day in April. Hubby and I were joined by cachers from Revillo and Canby. Four local cachers also joined us at McKinley Park. 


Doing maintenance on a nearby geocache
following the CITO time frame



The six of us geocached for another hour or more then went to a local pizza place for more geo fellowship. And that was Sunday and the end of our first week home.

We had planned to geocache in the area on Monday, but instead stayed home and did some laundry and errands. We geocached on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday around the area performing maintenance on our placed geocached. We wanted to make sure they were all okay after the winter. Sometimes, it takes hours to prepare to go geocaching and then hours to complete what we accomplished, or final 'paperwork' on the computer. 

We renewed our driver's license Thursday morning and had dinner with friends that evening. When we got home later in the day after checking on some of our geocaches, I noticed some of my flowers were blooming.


dwarf irises, I think
or are they crocus, Liz Hanson?


some of the tulips I planted last fall


Notice how dry and cracked the flower bed looks AND how weedy it is! I have not cleaned out the dry, dead plants or dug in the dirt. That is on the agenda for later this week...as is rain.


the pasque flower is about done flowering
It is the state flower, also called May Flowers.


That is week 1 and week 2 of our being back home. I can only say, the pace continues. Week 3 is looking much the same. So many caches...so little time!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!