Wednesday, June 8, 2016

B-Day

I have been lazy. So here are some catch-up posts for those who check regularly.

It was a great May birthday. I got to spend the day digging in the dirt...one of my favorite spring activities. Those plants I bought in Minneapolis earlier in the month got placed in new pots and new dirt.

gerbera daisies, Martha Washington geraniums
and filler plants


a lemon vine and more gerbera daisies


Since we have been home I have been thinking about decorating the back flower bed. When we sit on the patio, enjoying an afternoon beverage, this is what we look at...the back flower bed. I had purchased a few things and been gifted a few things to add to the former garden. Those photos will come later.

After seeing the tulip photos, a friend commented I should make a mosaic using those colors. I had made a mosaic bird bath at our winter home in 2006 or 2007. I had spent so much money (I thought) making a bath for birds, there was no way in H*** any birds would ever take a bath in the terra cotta tray! But her comment prompted me to move the bird bath mosaic from its place of honor on the floor in the living room to the flower garden. 


The birds still aren't bathing in the tray,
but it has made it from the house to the flower garden.


It has been moved several times since leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!