Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Road Trip

Recently I took a road trip to see my mother. On the way home, because I was by myself, I stopped when and where I wanted for research and for the chance to take photographs. One of my stops was just north of Redfield where there were three historical markers in a little pullout area.






Redfield is known as the Pheasant Capital of the World
that may be debatable by other communities


but it is an area with a Native American history

Then it was onto Clark. I have written and posted about the metal work that is on display on the west side of the community along Highway 212. On this trip I noticed a road that got me closer to the art on the north side of the highway. Since I was by myself, I took it and all the photos I wanted.


the line of cars was the first noticeable display years ago


I don't know the make or model or year
I just think it is cool to have a collection 
of the same color, make, and year


I wonder if people thought this was just a 
dumped pile of discarded culverts?
I know I did for several years


and then there are the rusted tanks
and until you see there are added features
then the realization sets in...art


this was a new sculpture this trip


then art work began to appear on the south side of the highway
this big red bike was one of the first
and hard to miss


two other bikes have been added


and the display of augers
very appropriate for a farming community


 stacked metal spools
at first I thought they might be metal rake wheels
but they are definitely metal spools


this sign is new, also
I don't know if the artist, Kenny Bell is responsible for it
but seeing his creativity always puts a smile on my face

and I'm glad I have a name to go with the metal sculptures
I wonder what his next creation will be????

***Remember, you can click on any photo to get a larger version***

1 comment:

  1. Pretty neat! And I'll bet you picked up some caches to get ahead of Curt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!