Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Walk on Easter Sunday

I used to walk a lot in my neighborhood, in fact almost every day. That is until I broke my ankle in 2007. After that my ankle hurt after a walk to the point it wasn't worth the pain. So it was with great anticipation on a day of sunshine and temps close to 60, that I joined hubby when he went for his daily hour walk Sunday afternoon. After 5 blocks I knew I couldn't keep up with him, so sent him off ahead while I continued with camera in hand. I was specifically looking for signs of spring. What I found was familiar sights...

 Mr. VanDyke Horst has his barn and animals
set up on the corner of his yard. The barn and
animals have set in the same spot each spring
and summer for at least 10 years.

 He has added a boy and girl fishing from a bridge.

He also has the Dutch windmill, boy and girl and a family of 
chickens under the tree. There are some new additions 
since I last walked by their house.

 One yard still had a pile of dirty snow.

 I am wondering if these hay bales surrounded a crèche?

 The Sioux River has over flowed its banks this spring. 
The 'river' was next to my friend's barn.
The river has receded some since we have been home.

Another icon in the neighborhood which has been in the front 
of this house for more than 10 years. I have no idea why. 
But nice to know some things are still around even if I
haven't been!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!