Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blooming Cacti

I went for a walk in the resort with my camera in hand. The cacti are blooming. I'll share what I saw.

 This prickly pear was in front of Janice & Johnny's place.
(take note of the stickers)


 This hedgehog was in the front yard of one of their neighbor's


 This prickly pear is along the wash


 behind John & Joyce's place.


 It is a spineless prickly pear.
(no visible stickers)



 This barrel cactus was in Dan R.'s front yard. This
is the first time I have seen the actual flower on a
barrel cactus. Usually I see it after it has bloomed.


 This is Dan R.'s Easter lily cactus.

The blossoms last about 24 hours and often open at night.


The blossom on the left is already past its prime; the
blossom on the right will probably open tonight.

Dan said it usually blooms on Easter,
but Easter is really late this year.
It is a very beautiful and unique cactus.


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!