Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lunch at the Cullinary School

Our CV Red Hat group made reservations to have lunch at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts.



 

We were in downtown Scottsdale, a shopping mecca of unique and interesting shops & merchandise. I will show some of that in another post.




We rode the escalator up to Technique, the restaurant for the culinary college students.



I wish I had taken a photo of our table setting. Two knives and a spoon on the right; two forks on the left; a fork & spoon placed above. I knew what to do with all the cutlery, but wasn't sure which bread plate was mine...right or left? I learned left because my table mate to the right worked in hotel restaurant service for many years.


 Our bread basket (we had three flavors of butter for sampling)


 My starter: Watermelon, Mache and Arugula Salad – with goat cheese, kalamata olives, red onions, mint, red wine vinaigrette dressing
Very light and refreshing.


My entree choice:  Pork Schnitzel – served with braised red cabbage, spaetzle with sauce charcuterie
It was very tasty. The only surprise was the horseradish hidden beneath.


What I chose for desert:  Salted Caramel Pot de Crème – with Chantilly cream and almond sable cookie
Also very yummy. 
  

This was my reaction to the experience:

 
Just one of several quotes on the ceiling beams of the college, but this was my favorite.




I will share other choices of our group in another post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!