Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hiking Along Deer Creek

The hiking destination on Friday was 67 miles one way. We headed north on Highway 87 nearly to Payson to the Deer Creek Trail Head. I had gone along on this hike last year and found it to be one of our prettiest hikes, outside the desert.

 a six or so mile hike, I did three or so


a little blooming flower on the trail

 
 the red leaves of the ground cover plant caught my eye

 and they are off...

 a dry Deer Creek bed, in this area

 lots of algae in the creek, a sign of lots of minerals?

 what on earth is this shoe doing in the pasture?

 signs of what used to be

 I liked the reflection of the mountain in the creek

 red rocks, green algae & flowing water

 the dead and the living

 an interesting rock

 signs of the season

one that didn't get away

 my hiking companion

 Hans would know the name of these mountains, me?
I just like the clouds above the mountain range

and a little snow in the crevices
a perfect day for a hike in the north country

see February 2011 for photos from 
last year's Deer Creek hike




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!