Friday, February 10, 2012

Taliesin West

On Wednesday Kari and I drove to Taliesin West, the AZ home and school for Frank Lloyd Wright. It has been on my list of places to visit, especially since reading two books about the women in the life of Mr. Wright. I am so glad Kari was also interested in his architecture. The day started cloudy and overcast, but sunshine moved in about noon.

 I will not bore you with info and details. You can go online to get that. I probably wouldn't remember all the tidbits anyway. Jim, our guide, was pretty sensational with all the trivia. I'd rather you look at the lines, the stone,  nature, and 'hidden' triangles.



 
the vault for their drawings 












 
our tour group

 
Kari 







Well worth the time and money. 
I will show more photos at a later date.




1 comment:

  1. Such an interesting place. I really like going places where I know people have lived there and history is made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!