Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flowering Saguaro Update

We took a little road trip on Tuesday. Our first stop was to see the flowering saguaro. I am so tickled to have come across this beautiful desert event I am posting some more pictures.

 This was the arm of the saguaro last Friday, in the previous post. I called the buds 'Brussel sprouts'.


 There were five flowers this morning.


 The bees were so busy collecting nectar.


This flower must have completely opened overnight because the bees were so many and so active. The flower to the right wasn't completely open, so it had little bee activity.


 We spent about 5 minutes watching the bees. They had no interest in us.


I promise...these are my last flowering saguaro pictures...for this season.

More road trip pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The photos are so clear and crisp..great camera! Interesting shots Coleen. Nice to go back and see what has happened over the past week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!