Monday, March 5, 2012

Living Room Decor

We moved into our winter home in December 2008. This is how the largest wall in the little casa looked in December


and has looked ever since until last week. Earlier this season I purchased new drapes for the room wanting to add some color without painting. Then I found a small shelf to display pictures of Willa and a new table between the chairs. We also bought new reading lamps. So with the additions of the past week, the room is now FINALLY complete.


A year or so ago I got the idea to use some of my photos from the hikes we have taken to create framed photos. In February I found a great sale on matted frames which spurred the decorating completion. I went through my collection of 17,000+ photos looking for creative, unique, artistic, interesting, and representative of our location. Here are the results:

 So far the wall has four items, but three photos or five if you count the one next to this wall... I know it might not be correct in the decorating world, but for now...


This photo is on the wall behind Curt's chair. It is from a hike to Picacho Peak in March 2010.


This picture of three greens is behind my chair. The top photo is of a Joshua Tree from the Joshua Tree National Forest. The middle picture is of a palo verde tree from the hike at Whitford Canyon in December 2011. The bottom photo is of a yucca at Tonto National Monument, February 2010.


 This is Weaver's Needle taken in February 2012.


 This photo was taken on the hike to the Mogollon Rim in November 2011.


 I am always looking for a good AZ sunset photo without power lines. This one was taken January 2011.


 I like having photos that Curt and I have taken. The living room truly shows off AZ art projects. The horsehair vases are above the window. The new saggar vase is on the book shelf with the Willa pictures. And the white curtains are gone!


1 comment:

  1. Your Western living room is smashing! Sooo warm and inviting. Good job Coleen on your photos, I agree, great to have photos on the wall that you and Curt have taken.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!