Sunday, May 27, 2012

Planting Petals in Pots

A little alliteration on another chilly, dreary day in the Black Hills. (I am pre-posting this on Saturday and there will be no sign of the sun today.) I got the flowers planted in pots before we left on R & R. I hope they look as good when we return as they did on Thursday afternoon.

My grouping of potted petals in planters


 A pot of three types of geraniums:
a 'regular'-the tall one; a double flowers-the shorter one in front;
and a Martha Washington in a white and pink


The hibiscus I bought in Minneapolis earlier in the month;
it is 3 plants twisted together


The white pot in the back holds a lemon geranium,
also called a mosquito plant, according to the tag.
In the front planter, two variegated pink geraniums,
a pink & green petunia, a red spike, and another trailing 
something in a light pink on the back side.


My purple pot of petals


I love the tea cup planters and thought I would always 
find the right plants in red, yellow or orange for this one. Not so.
The red impatiens did not do well in it last year. I think
I tried red petunias one year. So something different this year.

I really missed doing the greenhouse tours
and flower shopping with girl friends, again this year.
Retired life isn't supposed to be this busy!


I really intended to plant lettuce in a gutter and hang it on the
garden fence wall this summer. (I saw the idea on Pinterest and thought
it was very clever.) However, I barely got the garden planted, so 
wasn't up to something cute and creative. Instead, I bought lettuce
plants (I know, cheating!) and got them in a bowl. A bowl for easy transport as it has
traveled to the Hills with us. We'll have lettuce next week!



2 comments:

  1. Coleen.....I made comments on your blogs last week, but, they did not come through??? Will try again.

    What do you do with your Hibiscus when you go to Arizona? Do you leave it outdoors all summer? I just bought one.

    Your flowers arrangement is lovely, great idea about the lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dianne, I keep the hibiscus stays outdoors all summer. I may take it along to AZ...depending on how full the van is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!