Saturday, November 3, 2012

B.G. (Before the Game)

Prior to the ASU and Oregon Ducks football game, we spent some time in downtown Tempe, or at least the campus part of Tempe. The campus is so spread out, there are 3 stops on the light rail train for ASU. We took stop #2 with the intent of walking (on sidewalks, yippee, yippee) the long way around to get to our destination across the street from stop #3. Hubby and Daughter were sure they could find the ASU bookstore and other buildings they wanted to show me. After wandering rather aimlessly for several blocks, I voted to head to our destination. They listened and we did but on the way I saw a couple of new sights and one of my favorites.

The new sights:

 I was tempted to walk through the fountain. It was certainly warm enough.


There is an up and down escalator next to the stairs. I do not know if this is an office building, apartments, bank or something else. It is next to the guard and the fountain.


My favorite:

I crack up every time I see this sign. One of these times I am going to go inside the establishment and actually check it out. I'll let you know what I encounter.

Our afternoon destination was RĂșla BĂșla. Daughter flies 1750 miles to eat & drink here each visit. Her usual choices...

a Black & Tan


Bangers & Mash


We also enjoyed this appetizer:

Hot Bollix Spicy Potato Balls (and they were)


I had the Rueben


Hubby enjoyed Fish 'n Chips


The early afternoon pre-game crowd of black (ASU) and green (Ducks)
enjoying the AZ sunshine and temps on the patio 


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!