Thursday, November 29, 2012

New Metal Art

Before we left for home last spring I bought a new piece of metal art for the back of the house. Now most people do not decorate the back of their house, but the back of our house is seen from the street. I think it is fun to have something to look at if you are traveling the same roads/streets several times a day. When we entertain and use the back patio, it is nice to have some wall decor.

 Besides, the wall decor takes the eyes away from the other 
not so attractive stuff at the back of the house!


 This is the new piece, a colorful Kokopelli.


 These three pieces were added one-by-one; 
I looked for just the right piece.


Unfortunately the saguaro faded over the summer.
I bought some paint and repainted it.
It doesn't have the pretty, unique designs it had when I bought it;
but it shouldn't fade again. Upon the advice of Daughter I applied
several coats of a protective UV spray. In fact, all the pieces got a new coat.


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!