Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Saturday's Agenda

Our Favorite Daughter's agenda for Saturday included a visit to the Oriental Institute Museum on the campus of the University of Chicago. The museum is known for its outstanding display of Egyptian artifacts. I tagged along as we walked through the campus. I've included some of my favorite photos from the museum and then of other eye-catching details.

























Looking at this piece we realized walls of the tombs
were not painted as we thought, but the painted pieces
are inset into the wall.


There were 3 mummies in display cases


Some of the painted detailing


Huge statuary





Down the street was this Frank Lloyd Wright house


Tours were full


I find his window designs very interesting


Seen on the walk back to the car


Reminded me of Europe









After the tour and walk, we had pizza on the mind.









1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!