Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas Markets

One of the reasons for this trip with OFD is to visit the Christmas Markets in 3 or 4 countries. I can only say, I am SO TIRED, I can hardly keep my eyes open to post anything. So, because over 100 of you are checking the blog (Thank You!) I think I can stay awake long enough to post some of the sights of Christmas we have seen the last two days. I will say more about the markets later.

So we visited Bath UK on a bus tour on Sunday afternoon. I was excited about visiting Bath because of the Roman Baths that exist. Again, I will do more on the visit to Bath later. For now, you are getting the street Christmas decor.


Santa on the street corner
not certain of his role


a lighted tree on the first floor awning of a building along the 
and the interesting animals


Not quite dark enough for the proper lighting


a large tree and lighted ornament near a shopping center


The Bath & Stonehenge tour was on Sunday. Our bus, because of the Sunday traffic, did not get back to London until 9:30 PM  and we did not get back to the hotel until after 11; way too late for a blog post that night! On Monday we took the Eruo train to Brussels and hit the Christmas Market that afternoon. After being up before 5 AM and walking on cobblestone streets all afternoon, I am just too  beat to do a lengthy post. You are getting Christmas decor in Brussels.


a scaled-to-size Nativity scene also in the Grand Place


the Christmas story


the animals who were present


huge metal flower lights on the trees along the street


the Christmas tree in the center of Grand Place
and an awesome light show reflecting on the 4
buildings surrounding the plaza
lights synced to music


lighted packages/boxes hanging from the center street lights



 That's all I can do tonight. The bed is calling my name...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!