Monday, March 29, 2021

Cougar on the Mountain

 The spring Equinox happened on March 20th which meant the cougar would be making an appearance in the Superstition Mountains. I grabbed the camera and parked in a different location this year to watch the shadow appear.



As I waited for the special time, I took some photos because the shadows reminded me of other things. This is a young kitty stretching her neck to look at the mouse running away. In fact, there may be two kitties tussling, face to face, ignoring the mouse.



The shadows changed to a horned spitting animal pawing the air, trying to get to the large bug in front of it.


And finally as the sun descends behind the horizon, the cougar or mountain lion appears, chasing a rabbit.


I think I will go back to my old viewing spot next year. Maybe the pre-show shadows are better from this spot, but I like the final shadow better from my old viewing area. Here are some of the blogs from previous years so you can compare the shadows.

2020

2019

2018

I guess I will also change the camera settings next year or edit the photos because the cougar from previous years is more stunning than this year's attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!