Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chili Peppers

My AZ kitchen is decorated with chili peppers; several of which I have bought while we have traveled throughout the southwest. The collection got some new additions last week.



The collection started with the 'zipper sand' project on the left, a craft project I made two winters ago. While in Santa Fe I found the unique metal pepper wall hanging in the middle. Last Friday I saw the glass peppers at a very reasonable price at the Mesa Market, so they joined the collection.


The wreath of chili peppers (fake) shouted my name at the grocery store last week. It, too, found a place on the wall.


This plaster pepper wall hanging was a purchase at an apple stand while driving through the mountains in New Mexico last spring. We were so thankful to find toilets at the stand, I was most happy to look through the gift shop where I heard my name whispered and the chant: "Buy me, buy me!" 


These cloth peppers were a purchase at a mission gift shop near Tuscon two years ago. They were the first purchase that started the kitchen collection.


2 comments:

  1. Giggle, Giggle, Coleen you are sooo funny! Love your little comments about the chili peppers........calling your name.
    Great blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glass chili peppers - I've just started growing real ones (I had a kit as a gift) and so far they are good. I love to cook with chili and always have some in nice bottles which look great and get used too. Great idea about retirement blog.

    Anthony Hopkins Biography

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!