Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Flowers along the Hike, and Wildlife!

Although we had an awesome October (weather-wise) back home and several of my potted plants were still blooming when we left at the end of the month, I know in my head it is winter. But when I arrive in AZ and the temps are in the 70s and 80s, I think summer, but in my head...

So, I was most pleased to find flowers along the roadside on Friday's hike.

 The sunlight shining on this ground cover plant cast a bright red glow.
Definitely eye-catching in the tan landscape.


 Yellow daisy like flowers on this one


 Delicate violet flowers on this ground cover vining plant


Seeing wildlife is always a bonus...
This salamander/lizard stuck around long enough for the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!