Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Javelina Return, Again!

On Sunday morning when I looked out the bedroom window this sight greeted me...

 the bird bath was tipped over and something tried to chew on it...

you can see the hoof imprints in the gravel...

This is what the bird area is supposed to look like after I removed the third feeder, the one closest to the ground.

Today as we were walking home after lunch, a friend told me about the javelina feeding along the desert fence. I called Curt and asked him to bring the camera. This guy was very cooperative during the photo shoot.

This is what happens when the bird feeder is too close to the ground...
 The javelina is enjoying the bird seed from a feeder along the desert in CV.

 This is a close-up of the 'yearling'. He/she/it is not an adult.


This picture of him/her/it between the two flower pots gives an idea of the size.


Tomorrow I will do a comparison of the size of the javelina I saw last year and this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!