Monday, January 24, 2011

The Javelinas Strike Again

Well, the javelinas struck again. I had just purchased another bird feeder last Sunday for the doves hoping they would leave the finch food alone and for the finches, as it is intended. As I was sitting outside enjoying the sunshine and watching the birds the thought entered my mind that the bird feeder was really too low to the ground and would probably be a temptation to the javelinas. I had heard how the dumb beasts eat the oranges people have in the three tiered wire baskets hanging from the hitches of their 5th wheels in the resort. I should have gone with instinct! This sight greeted me Friday morning...

 That was what was left of the bird feeder. Luckily there was very little seed in it.

You can see the indentations in the rocks where the beasts stood and bit the feeder until it broke apart.

The big bristly critter even bent the lawn ornament.

I have put the feeder back together. It will hold birdseed, just not on that hook. The kopelli is back in place. I'm learning...no juicy spineless cacti and no bird feeders within reach of night time marauders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!