Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bird Watching

The feeders are out and filled. These were the visitors. I had planned to sit out and read a book, but the activity at the feeders kept me entertained.

 The green feeder replaced the feeder the javalinas 'ate' and destroyed last winter. The yellow feeder is new. My plan is to just feed the finches.

I replaced my bird bath, too. I had used the plastic plant tray for 4 years. The javalinas had put a good crack in it last winter. Notice the yellow finches at the bird bath and the dove eating the 'crumbs' from the other birds.

 A female house finch at the bird bath.

 The doves lined up along the roof line of a neighboring house, just waiting for their chance at the green feeder.

 I replaced the copper finch feeder with a tray less feeder. The doves used to sit on the tray and eat the spilled finch food. The plan is to remove anything that helps to feed the doves. When the green feeder is empty it will be removed. I counted the finches and at one time there were 10 yellow and house finches lining the yellow rings. I've never had so many yellow finches at the feeders.

 I had bought this pretty glass hummingbird feeder last April on our way home. I put the packaged hummingbird food in and within 30 minutes a black hummingbird fluttered by, but didn't stop. Dang! I so want hummingbirds.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!