Monday, November 28, 2011

Javelinas Strike Again?

I was spending an afternoon outside in the sun, reading, and watching the birds when I noticed some of my wind chime lying on the ground.

What the heck? Have the javalinas visited the yard again?

I checked the bird bath and other than dirty, it had not been tipped or broken...

The wind chime was hanging at an angle and not doing much chiming with one of the chimers missing. I was ready to blame the javalinas.

 Later in the afternoon, there was a noise. I found the rest of the wind chime on the ground.

All that was left was the ring on the hook. The culprit appeared to be a dove, as that is what was flying away when I looked up from my reading. I guess the doves felt if they couldn't get to the birdseed anymore, they'd break my cute southwest wind chime in retaliation. Dang Doves!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!