Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hiking in the Superstitions

We have been hiking in the Superstition Mts. since 2006. Usually the same hikes are repeated year after year. As a club with over 50 hiking members during the winter months, we try to find new hikes or trails to add some change to the schedule. Some hikes, though, are favorites because of the challenge or scenery. I no longer go on this hike. I find it is far more of a challenge than I want at this time. But I wish I had last week. Thankfully, Curt took the camera. Here are his photos from Fremont Saddle.

 you can see the fog/clouds in the distance














this is Weaver's Needle, a famous landmark for hikers in the Superstitions



 this is the terrain at the saddle



 a lone pine tree on a ridge



sunlight and clouds




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!