Saturday, June 8, 2013

Color on the Island

We visited Huron SD on one of our geocaching trips this week. The community of Huron is past history for both Hubby and me. Huron is home to the SD State Fair and I spent a week there as a member of 4-H judging teams several times while in high school. I NEVER considered Huron as a community I would like to live in some day. Hubby attended college for 4 years in Huron. Early in our married life a job opportunity in Huron was available for Hubby, but neither of us really wanted to live there so were very pleased when the same job became available in another, more progressive SD community. We  have been back to Huron numerous times over the years, during State Fair time and for athletic events for the kids. Neither of us has ever regretted the decision we made in 1975.

One of our caching stops was Izaack Walton Island. I was enthralled with the garden decor and the flowers. I am sharing what I saw through the lens of my camera.

It was another overcast day

with very brief periods of sunshine

so any bit of color was eye catching

an old gate was anchored in a flower bed of iris and marigolds

the old schwin bike was anchored in another bed of flowers


Now for the COLOR...


the purples







the reds 





the pinks



the yellows







the gazebo cupola

the railings

Ahhh...the reason for the bike decor in the flower beds

quite the interesting colorful stop on another gloomy day
in the fourth month of March




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!