Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Their Back Yard

I have taken photos of my daughter-in-law's (& son's) backyard. She (they) and her mother put a lot of time and thought into the plants, their placement, and upkeep. It is always fun to see what's blooming and what's new on each visit.

The Bleeding Hearts were blooming
I am not sure I have the correct intense pink color of the flowers


One of the pink Peony flowers


I admired this blue star flower and now will have one in my
perennial flower garden
Thanks Liz & Crystal


It is also a white star flower
Neither could remember the name of the flower
That's OK as I don't have to know the name to know 
I like it


This robin built her nest, laid her eggs, and hatched 4 babies
on the corner of the pergola
That has not been a problem as it really has not been all
that nice to spend a lot of time in their backyard...
Until Sunday afternoon when the kids used the swing
Mrs. Robin sat at attention for a long time wondering
what we were doing and would be harming her brood


She did fly off a couple of times to find worms to feed
her remaining 3 live babies
It was fun to watch that process
One baby bird was discovered lying in the rocks 
below the nest
She won't be feeding that one any worms
We are not sure if it fell out of the nest
or was pushed out by the growing remaining babies
Survival of the fittest






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!