Monday, August 3, 2015

SD to NE

Last week was a busy one. I was cooking some food for the month-long camping trip, working on some things for the family reunion on Saturday & Sunday, and hosting OFD Wednesday through Sunday.

OFD got the short end of the deal, as she was hoping to do some card-making projects with me. She did do some Christmas gift tags, played with the CuttleBug, and did a few craft projects with Hubby's help. I did not have time to play.

The family reunion was at Storybook Land at Wylie Park in Aberdeen. All the great grandchildren were present this year. One granddaughter did not make it from North Carolina. She and her husband had a good excuse. Their first baby is due later this month. OFS was also MIA. He was in Texas working. Those of us who were there had a good time and had way too much food...once again. Plans were made to do it again next summer.

We got home from Aberdeen around noon and began the process of packing the camper for the month-long camping trip. I had been gathering things, but since OFD was visiting and crafting, it was hard to find a spot to gather stuff, so it was a hit-and-miss affair. About an hour or two into the process of moving stuff to the camper, Hubby says, "Do you think we could be done and drive as far as Mitchell tonight?" YIKES! I thought I had all afternoon and part of the evening to get my **** together! I said I thought I could be done, if he left me alone so I could work on my list.

We pulled away from the house about 6:00 PM and after a grocery store stop, we were on the road by 7:00 PM. At this point, I have not thought of anything I needed that wasn't packed. The plan is to NOT eat out other than on a few occasions when we are meeting friends or in Seattle.

it was getting dark when we got to the campground
in Mitchell last night


decent accommodations


lots of Sturgis Rally folks also at the campground
AND LOTS of motorcycles on the road today


south of Murdo


the state is so GREEN this summer


need parts?


and quite a few motorcycles heading north on
highway 83
SO glad we are not going through the Black Hills
on this trip


a little geocaching in Nebraska


a geocache of a fellow Watertown cacher


last cache of the day


Buffalo Bill country


we did not enter the fort or shop




a beer and a shower were calling our names...


besides...it was a LARGE Tourist Trap!


Tomorrow is a day of more than 400 miles to our destination in WY. (We are NOT ahead of schedule Sherry.) It was just nice to have a shorter drive today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!