Sunday, February 10, 2013

Road Trip to Yuma

Hubby and I are attending our first Mega Geocaching Event. Although the actual 'gathering' is on Sunday at noon, we decided to spend Friday caching our way to Yuma. And though I did not take photos of all the interesting hides or sites we saw along the way today, I did take some photos.



I have heard of Maricopa but had no idea where the community was located, other than in the southwest part of the Phoenix area. I now know where it is because we made a couple of stops.



 I was tickled when our first stop was on this corner. I enjoy trying to get decent photos of waterfalls.



These horses stopped long enough so I could get their photo.



I was surprised (did not remember) the amount of lava rock along Interstate 8. 


 You do not see any of the lava rock fields when traveling along Interstate 10.



I realized there are probably far more below the surface of the ground than what we see above ground.



Hubby planned our route to include several off road searches. One series was in what was once cropland & fields. These irrigation ditches are no longer used. 



The unused cropland is filling in with brush plants and the canals are full of sand. We did some fun soft sand driving. Could not have done these caches with the van.



I liked the feathery needles of this tree. I do not know what kind of tree it is, but I liked the light from the late afternoon sun as it was shining on the branches.



More adventures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!