Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hiking Roger's Trough

Friday's hike was 16 miles of paved road and 16 miles of dirt road. It took an hour to drive the dirt road. Curt says it was his last hike to Roger's Trough. When I hiked it in '06 or '07, I said it would be my last hike to Roger's Trough. So I understand why he said what he said when he said it...






Finally at the trailhead. They began the hike at 10:00. Temps reached high 80s and most often, no breeze...


Someone counted crossing the stream bed 25 times on the in and out hike.




The Indian ruins at the end of the trail are in about the same condition they were in as i remember 5 or 6 years ago.


It is a pretty hike...but an hour on a dusty, dirt road and no moving air in the canyon, and 1000' elevation gain on the way out, and a 6 mile hike in high 80ยบ temps...
I've done it once. That is good enough for me.
And it seems, twice was good enough for Curt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!