Friday, March 25, 2011

The Pepper Gourds

A very popular decorating item in AZ is a hanging bunch of peppers. In fact the wall above my cupboards has a unique collection of peppers. The first time I saw these little guys...
I immediately thought peppers. I purchased a few three years ago, but other than clean them, I did nothing with them. They too traveled between AZ & SD several times.

But last week, they also got attention.
I used inexpensive acrylic paint, several coats and a clear, glossy spray to finish them.

This is how they will look once hubby helps drill the holes and I string them on a twine. A completed picture will appear when they are done. They'll also stay in AZ. I'm not sure if they will decorate the outside or inside.

I have one more technique to try on some of the gourds I have cleaned. That may be a summer project...

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!