Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunday's Road Trip

After breakfast Sunday we headed east a ways through Gonzalles Pass. Our friends told us about a mining road and some very neat scenery. This is some of what we saw.

The area was covered in rounded brown boulders.

The deciduous trees had leaves. Recent rains have 'greened' the hill sides. Not very many wild flowers though.

Boulders were standing one upon another.

I call this one pi.

 Everywhere I looked there were interesting rocks and boulders tumbled about.

There were shapes of animal heads in the rocks, which I didn't see when I took the picture, but did see when I downloaded the photos.

More smooth rocks than sharp edged ones.

It is always interesting to me how these rocks are in this area among ordinary hills? Why here? Why these shapes? Why stacked the way they are?

An area of balancing boulders and some no longer doing their balancing act.

I think the four or five mile drive took over an hour. It was 165 pictures worth. That is a fantastic drive in my book! A great Sunday morning & afternoon...

Thanks Don & Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!