Sunday, October 16, 2016

"Home" for a Week or So

from Missouri to Illinois...again


I have thought of this part of the GeoAdventure as the half-way point, not so much in the number of days, but as the goal and purpose of this adventure - being in St. Louis for the GeoCoin Fest on October 15th. After the flat truck tire, missing a road or two, I REALLY was looking forward to an R&R day.  The travel on Wednesday amounted to about 150 miles, max, from Cape Girardeau MO to Granite City IL, northeast of St. Louis. (In the little black circle at the end of the highlighted line.)


it had started to sprinkle as we got the truck tire changed
and everything put away



It was a dreary morning, off and on rain and sprinkles.For a change I did not have to watch for roads or geocaches, so I looked at bill boards. Unfortunately, I missed a couple of good ones.


different scenery


interstate roads so MORE truck traffic


more color in the trees











Chicago, again? KC?
this time I was paying attention


out of Missouri...again


crossing the Mississippi, again


tugs and barges


and back in Illinois, again


lots more truck traffic


We found a Ford dealership and made an appointment for the truck & the tire. We found our campground, home away from home, did some laundry, got a haircut, bought some groceries, and made some weekend plans. AND had an R&R day...exactly what I needed.


1 comment:

  1. Whoa you even got a hair cut! I am impresses Coleen. So much fun reading your blogs, it is like I am on the road with you, watching signs, seeing the same views that we have seen like the bridge and river. Dealing with all the transport trucks!! Great blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!